Peace Light for Places of Worship
The Peace Light - Will your place of worship participate in this new tradition?
"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Sometime in December the Peace Light arrives in your community, to your place of worship. It has been carefully guarded and respectfully shared by a small army of volunteers. Just like the light that appeared in the Judean darkness thousands of years ago, the Peace Light can help brighten your church during the darkest time of the year.
Children and adults alike wonder about the youngster who retrieved the light a few weeks ago from far away Bethlehem. How many hands were needed to help it cross continents and oceans? How many hearts has it brightened? What does this flame mean to us, to me, this Christmas season?
Consider the Peace Light to:
- Brighten the lives of your members, especially youth and children, by helping them retrieve the Light for their homes and businesses
- Brighten your community by sharing the Light with neighboring places of worship
- Brighten your worship by using the Peace Light as the source for lighting the Advent candles
- Brighten your Christmas Eve candlelight service by beginning with the Peace Light
- Please see example video of using Peace Light as part of lighting Advent candles.
Empower your Scouts and/or other youth groups to help lead in sharing your Peace Light with others.
"Again, Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life." John 8:12
It's just a simple flame, or is it? Like the light cast by the Advent candles, the Peace Light may be just a warm glow or a powerful reminder of the genuine meaning of Christ's birth.
Receive the Light, share it with your church family and community. Be warm in the knowledge that this light from Bethlehem, like the light of the Bethlehem star, reflects the peace we all long for.
"for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light." Ephesians 5:8
Share the Love. Spread the Light.